11.07.2011

Party's Over

I had a pity party last week. It lasted...oh, all week.

Not my proudest moment.

I was mourning the loss of my free schedule. I was down with a cold. I was overwhelmed and so I shut down completely.

I enjoy doing things well, and when that wasn't happening last week, it was all over.

I promised Halloween pics. Didn't get done.
I had a giant pile of laundry. Didn't get done.
I had Bible study to do. Didn't get done.
Should I go on?
I think you get the picture.

Last week was our first week as interim youth directors at our church. This is a position that I do not in any way feel qualified for. Kris and I definitely felt called to do it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't scare us to death!

Anyway, my schedule just got a lot more hectic. And I'm not really a fan of hectic. I spent the whole week pouting about it. Don't worry though, God didn't let me stay there too long. In very gentle ways he steered me out of it. This week is a fresh start. I'm learning to manage my time differently. I will have significantly less free time, but it won't kill me. I'm going to have to lean on God for the strength to do it all, but that's what he's there for!

I am so excited to see what God is doing here! It's been quite a trip so far, and I think that means amazing things are ahead.

For now, let me catch you up on the last week.

Halloween costumes! We spent a total of $15 this year! That's thanks to my mom who made the magician and princess costumes for birthday presents earlier this year. She's got some amazing skills!




We were given half a bushel of grapes, and the back of my car is full of carrots from our garden. It didn't get taken care of last week, so I'm working on that this week. If anyone has any good uses for carrots...I could use some help with that.



I sent off another large payment to the student loan! We payed almost $1000 this month toward it! Yippee!!!

We also got a new dining room set! This was something I've been (not very) patiently waiting for. I love our table, it's been in my husband's family for generations, but it was not meeting our needs very well. We want to get it refinished, but needed something for the meantime. Oh, and it would be nice to have more than three chairs. I might really miss that lawn chair though.


Maybe not.

We shopped around and found a table we loved, but it was $1600. Not really a good idea right now. So, we got one off Craigslist for $150 that we thought would work for a while and we can wait until a better time. I'm actually pretty happy with this one!


So, the pity party's over and I'm ready to see how God is going to be working in us! Don't worry, I'll keep you updated!





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear THAT party is over. :) Been to many of those myself and they are not really fun.

    I just read something a couple of days ago about not feeling qualified to do something and how that is good because then we do it in God's strength and not our own. He sure has a good way of keeping us humble doesn't He? Praise Him for that!

    The carrots will keep a long time if you keep them in a cold place. They are kind of like potatoes in that respect. I can remember having our garden carrots a long time into winter and they were yummy.

    Glad I was able to help with the costumes! Love doing things for my grandkids (and their sweet parents, too)!

    ReplyDelete